Steps to Follow
- Contact DS Auto Electronics. We will confirm what additional items we will need in order to help you. E.g. we will
need the immobilizer parts as well in order to test an ECU.
- After confirmation, go to www.dsautoelectronics.com.au and click on Rebuild Order on the left. Follow the
instructions to submit all the required information.
- Pack all the items we requested into a single parcel with your address on it.
- After we receive your online order, we will dispatch a courier to collect your parcel (Greater Brisbane area only).
- Once we have assessed your unit(s), we will send you a report and quote via email.
- Upon your acceptance of the quote, we will rebuild your unit(s).
- We will notify you as soon as your order is complete, and send your parcel back to you with our courier.
Terms of Service
- All stated prices are not binding, and are inclusive of GST. If the quoted price differs from the catalogue price the customer will be notified prior to performing the rebuild.
- Transport costs and handling fees are not included in any stated prices.
- Assessment fees will be charged on all units sent to us – even if in the process it turns out the units are beyond rebuild.
- Assessment fees will be waived once our quotation is accepted.
- Prices are only valid for products that failed under normal conditions. Accidental damage, water damage, fire damage or excessive current damage are not covered by the prices in our catalogue.
- Prices do not apply to products opened or previously worked on, as this can cause complications, or even necessitate unit replacement.
- Prices subject to change without notice. We are not liable for any errors or misprints.
- Please contact us prior to sending any items.
- DS Auto Electronics provides 2 types of services:
- ECU Assessment: to confirm whether your unit is faulty or not
- ECU Rebuild: once the unit is confirmed to be faulty
- The guarantee on all rebuilt products is 24 months.
- The accuracy of ECU assessment is highly dependent on the complaint and diagnostic report provided by the customer. If the complaint description or diagnostic report are not clear, this can lead to prolonged or complicated ECU assessment.
- Many products not featured in this catalogue can still be repaired. This means that we can locate the problem and repair it, even though we do not rebuild the whole unit yet. In such cases, the entire unit will still be covered by the guarantee, even if it fails in some other way.
- The remanufacturing process involves hardware repairs only. In some cases it turns out the original software or software coding has changed or been lost. We will attempt to repair or recover the software and coding, however this is not always possible without the vehicle. In such cases it is left to the customer to arrange software updates, software coding, adaptations, etc. prior to delivering the vehicle. DS Auto Electronics will not accept any responsibilities or liabilities for any extra costs involved.